logo Wetstein Family Law

Renee Wetstein is a trusted family law attorney practicing in Western, Massachusetts. She is a skilled problem solver and wants the best outcome for her clients, whether through negotiation, mediation, or litigation. Her areas of focus are the following, but are not limited to:

Adoption - both international and domestic.

Attorney Wetstein works with adoption agencies to help you navigate the exciting and stressful world of adoption. She will work with the Interstate Compact Offices of other states to expedite your return home with your child and legally adopt your child. She is able to draft post adoption communication agreements. She also helps same-sex couples obtain decrees of adoption and assists step-parents when they want to adopt their step-children.

Assisted Reproductive Technologies.

Attorney Wetstein helps people become parents through surrogacy and will draft the necessary paperwork requested by the infertility clinics. She will also prepare the necessary pleadings to obtain a pre-birth order declaring you are the legal parents and that your names be placed on the child's birth certificate.


Attorney Wetstein specializes in all areas of divorce, including uncontested Joint Petitions for Divorce or Complaints for Divorce. She will prepare all necessary pleadings and provide strong advocacy so that your voice is heard to develop guidelines for an appropriate parenting plan, legal and physical custody, child support, health insurance, and educational expenses. She will make sure you get a fair and equitable property settlement. If it is an alimony case, she will make sure that you pay or receive the right amount.

Guardianships/Grandparents' rights.

There are times when a parent is unable or unfit to parent. Attorney Wetstein will be able to immediately obtain the authority for another person to care for your child through guardianship.

Name Changes.

Attorney Wetstein can prepare and file the necessary documents to change the name you were given at birth, resume a former name, add to your name, or change your child's name.


Life situations change and after your divorce you may need to modify the amount of child support you are paying or receiving. Parenting plans can and sometimes should change because children's needs change or you may want to move out of state or out of the country. Attorney Wetstein will make sure that all the circumstances for the change are clearly articulated and will build the best case to make these changes.

Unmarried Parents.

Whether you have a paternity case, same-sex couple maternity case, or de facto parenting claim, Attorney Wetstein will treat all parties with respect and make sure the proper child support and parenting plan is in place.

The list above does not include other work Attorney Wetstein has done with the Department of Families and Children and Safe Passage.